Are you looking for the ideal portable generator transfer switches that will perfectly meet your various demands? We know that getting the ideal transfer switches is a major challenge because there are numerous brands and models in the market right now. But we will help you out.
This is because we have composed reviews of the top 10 best portable generator transfer switches in 2020 below. Read through and buy the one that will meet your needs well.
10. GENERATOR PWR TRANS KIT
It measures 18 by 17.3 by 5.5 inches and weighs 22.5 pounds. It is also designed to operate without using cords making it extremely convenient to use. Besides, it is very easy to install within a few minutes. In addition, robust construction increases reliability and durability even in demanding settings. Furthermore, since it switches very easily between generator and line power, the next outage will not be worrying.
- Switches easily between generator and line power for more reliable performance
- Built to last from high end components
- Very simple to install even by someone with basic electrician knowledge
9. Generac RTG16EZA1 Automatic Transfer Switch 16-Circuit 100-Amp Load Center, Rated NEMA 1 CUL
The transfer switch for portable generator has a 16-circuit 100-amp load center thus great for homeowners who wish to backup chosen circuits. It is also designed to perfectly operate with 8 to 17 kilowatt air-cooled generators thus will perfectly meets your various demands. As well, it has 30-feet pre-wired conduit for easily connecting the switch to an external connection box. Additionally, it is housed in a steel NEMA-1 enclosure with electrostatically applied as well as baked powder paint. Besides, it measures 29.25 x 12.5 x 7 inches and weighs 68 pounds.
- Equipped with 100-amp 16-circuit load center
- The switches are encased in a robust steel casing
- A pre-wired connection box is also included
- Operates with any 8 to 17 KW air cooled generators
8. Reliance Controls 30216A Generator Transfer Switch 7500W 30A
This is a high quality portable generator transfer switch. It features a rugged powder-coated steel cabinet that has 6 combination 0.5-inch and 0.75-inch knockouts, non-defeatable dual-throw switches, and resettable branch rated circuit breakers. As well, it is designed for quick installation in both commercial and residential applications thus very simple to utilize. The wattmeter panel also includes an opening with cover which offers an optional power inlet. Moreover, it has 18-inch flexible conduit whip which easily attaches to the load center.
- Very fast to install and use in commercial and residential environments
- A wattmeter panel with opening and cover is also available
- Designed with powder-coated steel cabinet for increased durability and performance
7. Reliance Controls CSR202 Easy/Tran Transfer Switch
It is great for controlling single-circuit irrigation systems, telecommunication substations, farm buildings, cell towers, traffic signals, septic pumps, and many more. It is also very simple to install and use with a maximum combined load at 125 VAC. As well, it consists of premium duty time clocks as well as controls, transfer panels, transfer switches and generator accessories. Furthermore, it has powder coated and zinc plated outdoor steel cabinet for maximum stability, strength and long lasting use.
- Very easy to install and use
- Suitable for single-circuit control in farm buildings, community wells and traffic signals
- The exterior cabinet is powder-coated and zinc-plated
6. Generac 9855 HomeLink 50-Amp Indoor Pre-wired Upgradeable Manual Transfer Switch Kit for 10-16 circuits
The switch is safe, versatile and universal thus perfectly prevents back-feeding and can be upgraded for use with Generac home standby generator. It is also compatible with Generac home standby generator models such as GP17500E, XG10000E, XP10000E, and GP15000E. As well, it has power indicator lights which displays when you have generator or utility power. Additionally, it simply switches from utility to generator power with just an easy push of a button.
- Very safe, versatile and universal
- Compatible with all portable generators with a GFCI protected outlet
- Switches easily from the utility to the generator
- The power indicator lights show if you are using generator or utility power
5. Reliance Portable Generator Power Transfer Kit-model#3006hdk
This is among the best portable generator transfer switches you can get. It is very simple to install and very simple to use with a maximum watt input of up to 7500 watts. Also, it is great for controlling single-circuit irrigation systems, telecommunication substations, farm buildings, cell towers, traffic signals, septic pumps, and many more. Furthermore, it is crafted from high quality materials for maximum stability, strength, performance and durability.
- Works flawlessly with a back-up generator
- Easy to install and use
- The maximum input of this switch is 7500 watts
4. 510C Pro/Tran2 50-Amp 10-Circuit 2 Manual Transfer Switch with Watt Meters
Besides, it weighs 19 pounds and is very simple to install. As well, it is compatible with off-grid power systems. In addition, you can easily select the loads you would like to use during backup power.
- Designed to the highest safety standards hence UL 1008 listed
- Made from premium components hence long lasting
- Compatible with any off-grid power system such as solar energy
3. Reliance Control Corporation WKPBN30 Portable Generator Through-The-Wall PWR Transfer Kit, EMW3790037
This high quality portable generator transfer switch offers a convenient and safe way to utilize a portable generator for backup power in case of power outage. It is also very simple to install and use because it comes with everything you require during the installation process. As well, it is great for controlling single-circuit irrigation systems, telecommunication substations, farm buildings, cell towers, traffic signals, septic pumps, and many more. Moreover, it comes with fittings and PVC cement, 12 x 1 inch flat head drill and all mounting accessories.
- Includes NM PVC conduit and six circuit power panel
- Comes with fittings and PVC cement hence very easy to install
- The inner panel lights up the space around the unit
2. Reliance Controls 31410CRK Pro/Tran 10-Circuit 30 Amp Generator Transfer Switch Kit
The kit is great for your multi-wiring and circuitry demands and crafted for reliably-quick installation in both commercial and residential applications. It is also specifically designed for portable generators up to 7500 optimum running watts. As well, it has a rugged, powder-coated steel cabinet for optimum stability, strength and durability for several years to come. Additionally, it has 18-inch flexible conduit whip which attaches simply to the load center.
- Designed for generators up to a maximum wattage of 7500
- Comes in a powder-coated, rugged steel cabinet
- Very easy to install in both commercial and residential premises
1. Reliance Controls Corporation 31406CRK 30 Amp 6-circuit Pro/Tran Transfer Switch Kit for Generators (7500 Watts)
It has everything you require to make a professional transfer switch installation in your office or home. As well, it is specifically designed to enable the building wiring system to accept the complete power of a generator. It is also compatible with 7500 watts generators equipped with L14-30 or NEMA L14-20 power outlets. In addition, it is great for controlling single-circuit irrigation systems, telecommunication substations, farm buildings, cell towers, traffic signals, septic pumps, and many more. Furthermore, it has 10-inch flexible conduit whip which attaches simply to the load center.
- Inbuilt junction box saves time, cost and effort during installation
- The hose measures 10 feet
- The circuit wires are clearly labelled for fast load centre connection
You should choose and purchase any of the above top 10 best portable generator transfer switches in 2020 reviews. They have everything you require to make a professional transfer switch installation in your office or home. They are also crafted from high quality materials for optimum stability, strength and durability. Additionally, they are specifically designed to enable the building wiring system to accept the complete power of a generator.